The Illinois Lottery MS Project
We've raised over $9 million for research
Since 2008, The MS Project Ticket has helped to fund projects to help patients and raise awareness about MS in Illinois.
What is MS?
MS is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system.
- More than 20,000 individuals in Illinois are living with MS.
- MS can occur at any age; however, most people are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50.
- The course of the disease is unpredictable and no two people will experience the same set of symptoms.
- MS is not inherited or genetically transmitted, although there does seem to be some genetic susceptibility to the disease.
- More than two to three times as many women as men develop MS.