Would $100 Million Make Your Holidays Brighter?
Mega Millions rolls to $100 Million and Lotto rolls over $11 Million
|For Immediate Release||Contact: Liz Leonard 312-368-5823|
CHICAGO Dec 8, 2011— Forget the frankincense and mirth, this holiday season add a Lottery ticket to your gift list. The Illinois Lottery is reporting mega jackpots for Friday and Saturday draws with Mega Millions at $100 million, Lotto rolling for 33rd time to $11.25 million and Powerball at $67 million.
As with all lottery games, proceeds from Mega Millions, Powerball and Lotto will benefit the Common School Fund and the Capital Projects Fund. Last year, the Lottery transferred $690 million to the support education, capital projects and other good causes. To date, the Illinois Lottery has contributed $16.4 billion to support education in Illinois.
Mega Millions Quick Facts
- Next draw date: Dec. 9, 2011, 10:00 p.m.
- Estimated jackpot amount: $100 million/Cash option $73.3 million
- Largest Mega Millions jackpot to date: On March 6, 2007, Mega Millions again made history with a jackpot of $390 million - setting the record for the largest jackpot in North America.
- Costs of a Mega Millions ticket: $1 per play
Lotto Quick Facts
- Next draw date: Dec. 10, 2011, 9:22 p.m.
- Estimated Jackpot Amount: $11.25 million
- Number of rolls for this jackpot: 33
- Largest Lotto jackpot payout of all time: $69.9 million in 1989/4 winners split the grand prize
- Cost of a Lotto ticket: $1 for 2 games
- Starting jackpot for Lotto: $2,000,000
- Lotto drawing: broadcast live on WGN-TV (Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 9:22 p.m.)
- How to find winning numbers: published in most local newspapers on the Illinois Lottery website www.illinoislottery.com or by calling the Illinois Lottery at 800-252-1775
Founded in 1974, the Illinois Lottery has contributed over $18 billion to the state’s Common School Fund to assist K-12 public schools, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars to the Capital Projects Fund and to special causes like Illinois Veterans, the fight against breast cancer, MS research, and assistance for people living with HIV/AIDS. In addition to playing in-store, the Illinois Lottery offers online and mobile play for Mega Millions, Powerball and Lotto at www.illinoislottery.com. Players must be at least 18 years old.