Illinois Lottery’s St. Patrick’s Day Raffle Creates Four New Millionaires
Winning tickets sold in DuPage, Madison, and Cook counties
|For Immediate Release||Contact: Chanele Newton (312) 368-5814|
CHICAGO, IL—March 18, 2013—The “luck of the Irish” has rubbed off on four Illinois residents who won $1,000,000 in the Illinois Lottery’s St. Patrick’s Day Millionaire Raffle. The top nine prizes were sold at:
- TOBACCO 4 CIGAR, 3N711 ROHLWING ROAD, ADDISON– winning ticket number: 418650
- CIRCLE K, 629 W SCHWARZ, EDWARDSVILLE– winning ticket number: 121793
- TOUHY LEHIGH SHELL, 5900 TOUHY, NILES– winning ticket number: 400186
- BP GAS STATION, 11163 S VINCENNES, CHICAGO– winning ticket number: 237955
Five (5) $100,000 winning tickets were sold at:
- CONVENIENT FOODS, 8901 W GRAND AVE, RIVER GROVE– winning ticket number: 117821
- VILLA PANTRY, 37635 N IL RT 59, LAKE VILLA– winning ticket number: 273353
- CRETE FOODS & LIQUOR, 940 E STEGER RD, CRETE– winning ticket number: 411080
- DOMINICK’S, 1900 S. CUMBERLAND AVE, PARK RIDGE– winning ticket number: 30323
- 7-ELEVEN, 336 E WILSON, BATAVIA– winning ticket number: 316771
The St. Patrick’s Day Millionaire Raffle is one of the most popular games offered by the Illinois Lottery and offers four $1 million prizes, five $100,000 prizes, and 500 $1,000 prizes. A total of 509 winning tickets were drawn last night.
Lottery players who purchased a St. Patrick’s Day Millionaire Raffle ticket can check the Lottery website www.illinoislottery.com, or visit one of the Lottery’s 8,100 retailers across the state to check their raffle numbers see if they are one of the 509 lucky winners.
The raffle tickets cost $20 and were sold in sequential order at Lottery retailers. Retailers who sold winning tickets will receive 1 percent of the prize. Winners will need to claim their prize at one of five Illinois Lottery Claim Centers located in Chicago, Des Plaines, Fairview Heights, Rockford or Springfield.
Founded in 1974, the Illinois Lottery has contributed over $18 billion to the state’s Common School Fund to assist K-12 public schools, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars to the Capital Projects Fund and to special causes like Illinois Veterans, the fight against breast cancer, MS research, and assistance for people living with HIV/AIDS. In addition to playing in-store, the Illinois Lottery offers online and mobile play for Mega Millions, Powerball and Lotto at www.illinoislottery.com. Players must be at least 18 years old.