Mega Millions Jackpot Reaches $205 Million
|For Immediate Release||Contact: Chanele Newton (312) 368-5814|
CHICAGO – November 26, 2013—The Mega Millions jackpot stands at an impressive $205 million for tonight’s drawing. The winning numbers from Friday’s drawing were: 17 - 23 - 35 - 36 - 44 and the Mega Ball was 8. While no one won Friday night’s jackpot, over 102,000 Illinoisans won prizes ranging from $15,000 to $3.
Last month, Mega Millions was revamped to include larger, faster growing jackpots; second-place prizes of at least $1million; and better odds of winning smaller cash prizes. The game retained its $1 ticket price, as well as the optional Megaplier (costs an extra $1) that multiplies non-jackpot prizes by up to five.
Since Illinois introduced its first multi-state lottery game, Mega Millions (previously the Big Game) has contributed over $1 billion to the Illinois Common School Fund and Capital Projects Fund.
QUICK MEGA MILLIONS FACTS
- Current jackpot is $205 million with a cash option of $110 million; after withholding: $77 million
- Overall odds of winning the jackpot 1:258,890,850
- Mega Millions is a multi-state lottery game played in 42 states plus the District of Columbia and the U. S. Virgin Islands for a total of 44 jurisdictions
- Mega Millions jackpots start at $15 million
- Drawings are held Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 p.m. CST
Founded in 1974, the Illinois Lottery has contributed over $20 billion to the state’s Common School Fund to assist K-12 public schools, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars to the Capital Projects Fund and to special causes like Illinois Veterans, the fight against breast cancer, MS research, and assistance for people living with HIV/AIDS. In addition to playing in-store, the Illinois Lottery offers online and mobile play for Mega Millions, Powerball and Lotto at www.illinoislottery.com. Players must be at least 18 years old.