Powerball™ Climbs To $151,000,000 For Wednesday’s Drawing
|For Immediate Release||
Contact: Chanele Newton (312) 368-5814
Alex Roberts (312) 240-3304
CHICAGO - January 28, 2013—Powerball has rolled again and now stands at $151 million for Wednesday night’s drawing. The winning numbers from Saturday’s drawing were: 03 - 22 - 26 - 41 – 49 and the Powerball was 18. While no one won Saturday’s jackpot, over 21,000 Illinoisans won prizes ranging from $10,000 to $4.
QUICK POWERBALL FACTS
· Introduced in Illinois on January 31, 2010
· Current jackpot at $151 million; cash value of $95.8 million; after withholding: $67 million
· Jackpots now start at $40 million instead of $20 million
· IL has had 19 Match 5 winners since January 18, 2012; Match 5 winners receive $1,000,000 each
· Overall odds of winning a prize: 1:31.8
· Drawings are at 9:59 PM (CT) every Wednesday and Saturday
· All profits from Powerball in Illinois stay in Illinois to support education and capital developments
· Powerball is played in 44 lottery jurisdictions across the country
· Largest Powerball Jackpot: $384 million; won November 28, 2012 in Arizona and Missouri
Founded in 1974, the Illinois Lottery has contributed over $18 billion to the state’s Common School Fund to assist K-12 public schools, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars to the Capital Projects Fund and to special causes like Illinois Veterans, the fight against breast cancer, MS research, and assistance for people living with HIV/AIDS. In addition to playing in-store, the Illinois Lottery offers online and mobile play for Mega Millions, Powerball and Lotto at www.illinoislottery.com. Players must be at least 18 years old.