St. Patrick’s Day Raffle Creates Four New Millionaires, 505 Other Lottery Winners
$1Mil Winning tickets sold in DuPage, Macon, Macoupin and Madison counties
|For Immediate Release||
Contact: Chanele Newton
(312) 618-6174 (cell)
(312) 368-5814 (office)
CHICAGO – March 18, 2014 – The “luck of the Irish” has rubbed off on 509 Lottery players, including four players who won $1,000,000 each in the Illinois Lottery’s St. Patrick’s Day Millionaire Raffle. The four top prizes were sold at:
- ARMY TRAIL SHELL & DELI, 250 EAST ARMY TRAIL ROAD, BLOOMINGDALE– winning ticket number: 89174
- PRAIRIE PANTRY, 1645 WEST GRAND AVENUE, DECATUR– winning ticket number: 274711
- GILESPIE MOTORMART, 415 SOUTH MACOUPIN, GILLESPIE – winning ticket number: 391517
- MOTOMART, 733 NORTH BLUFF ROAD, COLLINSVILLE– winning ticket number: 289979
Five (5) second-place prizes of $100,000 each were sold at:
- KRIS TOUHY AUTO INC, 1220 WEST TOUHY AVENUE, PARK RIDGE– winning ticket number: 94370
- EMPORIUM LIQUORS, 87 WEST JOE ORR ROAD, CHICAGO HEIGHTS– winning ticket number: 73447
- CIRCLE K, 1352 SOUTH US RTE 12, FOX LAKE– winning ticket number: 32017
- JEWEL/OSCO, 13460 SOUTH RT 59, PLAINFIELD– winning ticket number: 373937
- 7-ELEVEN, 12108 WEST 159TH STREET, HOMER GLEN– winning ticket number: 364603
The St. Patrick’s Day Millionaire Raffle is one of the Lottery’s most popular games and gives players the best odds to win a million dollars by offering a chance to win one of four (4) $1 million prizes, five (5) $100,000 prizes and five-hundred (500) $1,000 prizes. A total of 509 winning tickets were drawn last night.
Lottery players who purchased a St. Patrick’s Day Millionaire Raffle ticket can check the Lottery website www.illinoislottery.com, or visit one of the Lottery’s 8,200 retailers across the state to check their raffle numbers see if they are one of the 509 lucky winners.
St. Patrick’s Day Raffle tickets cost $20 and were sold in sequential order at Lottery retailers. Retailers who sold winning tickets will receive a bonus equal to 1 percent of the prize. Winners have a year from the drawing date to claim their prizes. Winning tickets should be presented, along with the winners’ photo ID and social security card, at one of five Illinois Lottery Claim Centers located in Chicago, Des Plaines, Fairview Heights, Rockford and/or Springfield.
Founded in 1974, the Illinois Lottery has contributed over $18 billion to the state’s Common School Fund to assist K-12 public schools, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars to the Capital Projects Fund and to special causes like Illinois Veterans, the fight against breast cancer, MS research, and assistance for people living with HIV/AIDS. In addition to playing in-store, the Illinois Lottery offers online and mobile play for Mega Millions, Powerball and Lotto at www.illinoislottery.com. Players must be at least 18 years old.