Effective as of March 25, 2012
You must be 18 years or older to use this Website. Information about your location may also be collected via geo-filtering software if you attempt to purchase Internet Tickets or a subscription for specific Illinois Lottery games (“Players Subscription”) on this Website.
II. Information automatically collected when you visit this website
If you visit this Website and do nothing further (including, but not limited to, browsing, viewing rules or winning numbers), the Website Providers, will automatically gather and store the following information including, but not limited to the following about your visit:
- the Internet protocol (“IP”) address and domain name used (for example, aol.com if you are accessing from America Online). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) or directly to your computer. Your location may also be identified via geo-filtering of your IP address
- the type of browser and operating system you used
- the date and time you visited this Website
- the web pages or services you accessed at this Website
- the website you visited prior to coming to this Website
- the website you visit as you leave this Website
- any ads you clicked on to access this Website
- if you use the ShareThis feature, what content you share from this Website, with whom you share the content, and where you post the content
- if you downloaded a form or other document, the form or document that was downloaded and;
- the name of the country in which your server is located
None of the foregoing information is deemed to be Personal Information.
Cookies are text files stored on your web browser to provide a means of distinguishing you from other visitors to this Website. To better serve you, the Website Providers use “transactional cookies” to enhance or customize your visit to this Website and to recognize you when you visit again. The software and hardware you use to access this Website may allow you to refuse new cookies or delete existing cookies. Refusing or deleting these cookies may limit your ability to take advantage of some features of this Website.
Banner ads will be used to advertise Illinois Lottery products. This Website will track the number of clicks on such ads for analytical and marketing purposes.
III. Personal information collected
In addition to the information automatically collected in Section II above, information including, but not limited to the following, may also be collected:
A.Emails, Surveys & Electronic Newsletter Subscriptions
If you participate in a survey, send an email, or subscribe to an electronic newsletter, this Website will gather the following information, some of which may be considered Personal Information:
- the email address and contents of the email
- information volunteered in response to a survey; and
- any information required by or volunteered on the electronic newsletter subscription form
B.Social Media and RSS Feeds
If you “like,” follow the Illinois Lottery, or otherwise contact the Illinois Lottery via social media (e.g., Facebook or Twitter), or subscribe to the Illinois Lottery via RSS feed, this Website will collect the following information:
- the social media username you used (e.g., Facebook or Twitter username)
- the number of “likes;” and
- the total number of subscribers to our RSS feeds (but will not track where they posted the feeds)
If you choose to sign up for a Player Account (which is required to purchase individual Illinois Lottery game tickets for Lotto, Mega Millions® and such other games authorized by Illinois law via the internet (“Internet Tickets”) or a Players Subscription) this Website will collect information including but not limited to the following:
i.Mandatory Registration Personal Information
The following Personal Information will be collected at initial registration and is necessary for the creation and administration of a Player Account. This information will be stored by the Website Providers and/or certain third parties in a contractual relationship with the Website Providers (“Third Party Service Providers”) and with each other:
- name (first, last)
- whether you are an individual or a business
- email address
- username (self-selected)
- password (self-selected)
- password hints and security questions
- (postal) mailing address
- (postal) billing address
- whether or not you are a resident of Illinois
- whether or not you are a United States non-resident alien
- social security number
- date of birth; and
- phone number
ii.Mandatory Personal Information for Funding Player Account
The following Personal Information will be collected and stored when you set up or initiate any transactions such as to make a purchase or transfer funds into or out of your Player Account. It may also be shared for any legitimate business purposes such as to process transactions or service your Player Account. The Website Providers and their Third Party Service must comply with The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) Providers to the extent required by law or regulation. Please visit http://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/pcifaqs.php#4 for further information regarding these standards:
- credit/debit card number; or
- bank account number
iii.Additional Information That May Be Collected
If you have a Player Account, information including, but not limited to the following, may also be collected from you:
- transaction history (e.g., record of the games you played, numbers you played, etc.)
- financial transaction history (e.g., record of the amount of money you spend on purchases, subscriptions, debits or credits to your Player Account and your winnings etc.)
- preferred method of contact
- game play, promotional, and purchase location preferences; and
- whether or not you wish to be included in marketing surveys
iv.Use of Your Information
By signing up for a Player Account, you agree to allow the Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers to perform a Know Your Customer (“KYC”) check to verify your name, social security number, age, date of birth, and/or any other information that you provide while visiting this Website. In addition, by signing up for a Player Account, the Website Providers will verify that you are located in Illinois via geo-filtering of your IP address.
In addition, the Illinois Lottery reserves the right, without limitation, to use Player Account information to enhance responsible gaming initiatives as well. As monitor the play of its internet lottery players.
The Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers may use your Personal Information for various purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- to administer the Illinois Lottery and your Player Account, including processing any Internet Tickets or Players Subscriptions that you purchase or funding your Player Account
- to verify your eligibility to play
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions
- to otherwise contact you, including to notify you if you win
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered
- to track your use of this Website for internal market research
- to improve this Website and the services we promote or provide through this Website
- to customize the content and/or layout of this Website for each visitor
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys
- to notify you about promotions, special offers, etc. regarding products and services provided by the Illinois Lottery or its agents
- to be provided to the Third Party Service Providers in connection with the legitimate business purposes of the Illinois Lottery, its Contractors or this Website
- to generate aggregate statistical studies and to use the results of such aggregate statistical studies for marketing purposes and responsible gaming initiatives
- to protect and defend the rights or property of the Illinois Lottery and its Contractors
- to enforce this agreement, including the Illinois Lottery Terms and Conditions
- as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities, including but not limited to gaming regulators and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or for the protection of persons or property;
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with this Website; and
- any other business purposes, including those purposes described in Section X below
IV. Non-disclosure of personal information
In the event you decline to provide any Personal Information, you limit the Illinois Lottery’s ability to serve you.
As noted above, no Personal Information is collected about you during your visit to this Website unless you provide that information voluntarily by sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, registering for a Player Account, or using other interactive services that may be provided on this Website. You may choose not to utilize some or all of these interactive services. While your choice not to participate in these activities may limit your ability to receive specific services or products through this Website, it will not prevent you from requesting services or products from the Illinois Lottery by other means and will not normally have an impact on your ability to take advantage of other (non-interactive) features of this Website, including browsing or downloading publicly available information. If you would like to participate in Illinois Lottery promotions and do not wish to enter Personal Information through this Website, contact the Lottery at (800) 252-1775.
V. Review and correction of personal information
VI. Personal information collection and release authorization
To process your Player Account application, you authorize the Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers to collect the Personal Information listed in Section III above. Without limiting the foregoing, if you win, you authorize the Illinois Lottery to use and release certain Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your name, hometown and any photograph, video or audio recording, in any medium (including but not limited to newspaper, television, radio and internet), for purposes of marketing, advertising or other purposes of the Illinois Lottery. If you do not provide all or any part of the Personal Information requested, your application may not be processed. The Illinois Lottery requires certain Personal Information to comply with the Internal Revenue Code and Tax Law income reporting and tax withholding requirements and under the authority of Internal Revenue Code and Tax Law Section 1604 to announce Illinois Lottery prize awards. The Illinois Lottery is the custodian of subscription and prize records and may be contacted by mail at: Illinois Lottery, P.O. Box 19081, Springfield, IL 62794-9081.
VII. Email communications
If you register for a Player Account or otherwise provide Personal Information through this Website, you may receive email messages regarding Illinois Lottery products such as games and promotions from Northstar Lottery Group, LLC and GTECH (on behalf of the Illinois Lottery).
VIII. Use outside of the United States
IX. Website for adult use only (age 18 and older)
The Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers will not knowingly collect Personal Information from children or create profiles of children through this Website.All registrants must be at least 18 years of age to participate in any and all Illinois Lottery transactions. All Personal Information submitted to the Website Providers will be treated as though it was submitted by an adult, and may, unless exempted from access by State law, be subject to public access. The Illinois Lottery strongly encourages parents and teachers to be involved in children’s internet activities and to provide guidance whenever children are asked to provide Personal Information via the internet.
X. Disclosure of information collected thought this website
Without limiting the foregoing, Personal Information may be collected or disclosed without your consent if the collection or disclosure is:
(1) necessary to perform the statutory duties of the Illinois Lottery, or necessary for the Illinois Lottery to operate a program authorized by law, or authorized by state or federal statute or regulation, including the Freedom of Information Act;
(2) made pursuant to a court order, subpoena or by law;
(3) for the purpose of validating your identity;
(4) with affiliates of the Illinois Lottery, the Website Providers or Third Party Service Providers to provide the services on this Website; or
(5) to federal or state law enforcement authorities to enforce the Lottery’s rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to the Illinois Lottery’s information technology assets or against other inappropriate use of this Website.
Data breach notification
In the event of a data breach, the Website Providers and/or the Third Party Service Providers will notify all Player Account holders of the breach in the most expedient time possible, without unreasonable delay.The disclosure notification may be via mail, e-mail or other expedient method such as a newspaper publication.Such notification shall include, but is not limited to (i) the toll free numbers and addresses for consumer reporting agencies, (ii) the toll-free number, address, and website address for the Federal Trade Commission, and (iii) a statement that the individual can obtain information from these sources about fraud alerts and security freezes.The notification, however, shall not include information concerning the number of individuals or entities affected by the breach.
For questions regarding this Website, please contact:
Because this Website does not encrypt incoming email, you should not send information that you consider sensitive through this Website.
Effective as of March 25, 2012
|FACTS||WHAT DOES GTECH CORPORATION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
Personally Identifiable Information, including:
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons GTECH Corporation chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does GTECH
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We don’t
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||No||We don’t
|For our affiliates everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||No||We don’t
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don’t
|WHAT WE DO|
|How does GTECH Corporation protect my personal information?|
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with Federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
|How does GTECH Corporation collect my personal information?|
|We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
|Why can't I limit all sharing?|
|Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
|Depending on where you live, you may have additional privacy protections under state law. We will comply with applicable state laws before sharing nonpublic personal information about you. We may do this by sending a separate notice of those rights to you. For example, if you are a resident of California or Vermont, we will not share with non-affiliates, except for our everyday business purposes or with your consent.|