The Illinois Lottery offers several safeguards and tools to keep your play fun and within responsible limits.
The maximum rolling seven-day deposit limit is set at $1,050 during registration. Players may set a deposit limit that is lower than the maximum amount at any time, which is highly encouraged. Players can adjust their deposit limit by clicking on their profile and then selecting Deposit Limits under the Account Management section. Additionally, players can call the Illinois Player Hotline at 1-800-252-1775 for help.
During the registration process, the Illinois Lottery conducts a Know-Your-Customer (KYC) age and identity check to ensure all players are at least 18 years of age. The registration process requires prospective players to provide personal information, including date of birth and address. If the KYC check is unable to verify an applicant’s age, an account will not be created.
A highly visible timer that displays how long players have been logged into their playing account is located in the upper right-hand corner of the website and app gaming channels. The Illinois Lottery recommends that players determine how much time they want to spend playing the lottery and use the online timer to stick to it.
At the time of registration, players must be an Illinois resident in order to gain access to the online gaming system. Additionally, each time a player attempts to make an online purchase, a location verification check is performed to determine if the transaction is occurring within the State of Illinois. If the Illinois Lottery cannot verify the player’s location, the player will be unable to purchase any lottery games. A player who is experiencing issues with location verification may call the Illinois Player Hotline at 1-800-252-1775 to request assistance.
Players have access to their game history by clicking on their profile and then selecting My Games. Players can view the following information:
- Games played and purchased;
- Results (win/loss) for each game played;
- Upcoming games that have been purchased; and
- Ticket details, including number of draws, dollar value per wager and any add-ons such as Extra Shot®.
Players have access to their purchase history by clicking on their profile and then selecting Transaction History under the My Wallet section. Players can view the following information:
- Date and time when each game was purchased;
- Date, time and amount of each deposit, along with the payment method that was used;
- Spend, deposit and prizes balances; and pending withdrawals.
Security and Privacy:
Any player may choose to opt-out of playing the Illinois Lottery online for a five-year period by calling the Illinois Player Hotline at 1-800-252-1775. When implementing a self-exclusion request, the following occurs:
- Any funds in the player’s account are automatically refunded to the player;
- All of the player’s active subscriptions are cancelled; and
- Any purchases for future draws will be played out, but any prizes will be withheld from the player.
During the self-exclusion period, the player will no longer:
- Be able to access their online player account;
- Be able to play any online games; or
- Receive any marketing communication from the Illinois Lottery.
The Illinois Player Hotline representative will assist you with completing the self-exclusion process and will be able to answer any questions you may have.