Powerball® Jackpot Swells to Over $523 Million
How Will You Spend It?
CHICAGO—The Powerball jackpot is now at a whopping $523 million for Saturday’s drawing. If won, this will be the 10th largest Powerball prize won in U.S. history.
If the thought of half a billion dollars burning a hole in your pocket gets you excited, here’s some inspiration to start making a dent in that mad money:
- See your name in lights. Fancy seeing your favorite team hitting a home run out of the park - a park with your name on it? Put your name on a stadium in the U.S. for two decades for about $400 million.
- Make your own backyard the happiest place on earth. For just $163 million, you can build an exact replica of the original Disneyland park from 1955. It might cost you a little extra for some modern rides!
- Make your directorial debut. Could you be the next Scorcese or Spielberg? Launch your Hollywood directorial debut with a blockbuster movie. Avenger: Endgame cost around $350 million to make.
- See the final frontier. All the billionaires are going to space lately, so why can’t you? A cool $55 million can get you an orbital flight and a visit to the International Space Station on SpaceX.
- Money can’t buy you love but what about a dream wedding? If money is no object, you could host the world’s most expensive wedding, beating the current record of $110 million by Prince Charles and Lady Diana.
- There’s no place like home. With a Powerball jackpot payday, you could choose almost any house in the world. The most expensive home ever sold in the U.S is reportedly a Manhattan penthouse worth $238 million.
With $523 million up for grabs in this Saturday’s Powerball draw, players are letting their imaginations run wild.
While no one across the country hit the Powerball jackpot on Wednesday, a ticket purchased at a 7-Eleven convenience store in Elk Grove Village won a local player $50,000. In the last three months, 20 Illinois Lottery players have won $50,000 prizes with Powerball.
So far this year, Illinois Lottery players have scooped plenty of great prizes, including a player from Springfield who won $2 million, and eight players who won $1 million each. In total in 2021, Powerball players in Illinois have claimed over 1.9 million winning tickets totaling more than $24.5 million in prizes.
Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday with the next prize draw taking place on Saturday, September 25 at 9:59 p.m. CT.
Powerball tickets are $2 each, and players have the option to add the Powerplay for an additional $1 for the chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes.
It’s never been easier for residents 18 and over to play as Illinois Lottery draw-based game tickets can be purchased online, in-store and on the Illinois Lottery app. Visit IllinoisLottery.com for more information.
About the Illinois Lottery:
Founded in 1974, the Illinois Lottery has contributed over $21 billion (since 1985) to the state’s Common School Fund to assist K-12 public schools, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars to the Capital Projects Fund and to special causes like homelessness prevention, Illinois Veterans services, the fight against breast cancer, MS research, Special Olympics, police memorials and assistance for people living with HIV/AIDS. In addition to playing in-store, the Illinois Lottery offers online and mobile play for all draw-based Illinois Lottery games at illinoislottery.com. Players must be at least 18 years old.