UPDATES FROM THE ILLINOIS LOTTERY
During this unprecedented time, the Illinois Lottery wants to keep its players updated and provide guidelines to help protect the health and safety of the Illinois Lottery community. Below are some updates and information on the Illinois Lottery business operations at this time.
Illinois Lottery Claim Centers Reopen July 27th By Appointment Only, Appointments Now Available
Starting July 27th, the following Illinois Lottery Claim Centers will be open by appointment only Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM:
Des Plaines - 9511 Harrison Street in Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
Fairview Heights - 15 Executive Drive in Fairview Heights, Illinois 62208
Springfield (Lottery Headquarters) - Willard Ice Building (Dept. Of Revenue) 101 West Jefferson Street MC 3-915 in Springfield, Illinois 62702
Rockford - 200 South Wyman in Rockford, Illinois 61101
The Illinois Lottery Claim Center in the concourse of the James R. Thompson Center (JRTC), located at 100 West Randolph in Chicago, will remain closed at this time.
No walk-ins will be accepted. We still encourage players to send in their claims by mail. Instructions to send in a claim by mail can be found on the ‘When You Win’ page.
New Claim Center Procedure
1. Schedule an appointment on the Illinois Lottery Website
Players can select a Claim Center and an available time-slot for their claims appointment upon landing on the scheduling page from the Illinois Lottery website.
- To reserve a selected time-slot at the chosen Claim Center, players must provide their first and last name, email address, and phone number
- Upon booking, the player will receive a confirmation of their appointment on the webpage and by email.
- 24 hours before their appointment, players will receive an email reminder and a text reminder, if they provided a phone number, of their appointment for the following day.
2. Arrive at a lottery Claim Center for your scheduled time
- To help ensure the health and safety of our players, we ask that you don’t show up at a claim center unless you have an appointment at that time to avoid the buildup of crowds and to allow for social distancing.
- To expedite your Claim Center visit, we ask that you complete your claim form and winner questionnaire, both found in the downloadable claim packet the on the When You Win page of the Illinois Lottery website, and organize your supporting documents ahead of your arrival.
3. Claim your prize
- At around your appointment time, you will be sent to a claims processor, where you will submit your claim and collect your winnings.
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times, from the moment they enter until the moment they depart the Claim Center building.
To help ensure that you can successfully claim your prize, we ask that players follow these guidelines:
- Bring a mask and wear it at all times in the Claim Center.
- Bring a photo ID and proof of Social Security number. Acceptable documents include: Social Security card, federal or state tax return, W-2G tax statement, etc.
- Sign your winning ticket and bring it with you.
- Please come to the Claim Center alone, unless assistance is needed.
- Print and fill out your claim form and winner questionnaire in advance from the When You Win Page in a single downloadable packet on the Illinois Lottery website. Claim forms are also available at check-in.
Claim Center Procedure FAQ’s
What happens after I check-in?
After you have checked in, players should wait in their car or in a designated area until they receive a text message notification that their turn has arrived.
What do I do once I receive a text telling me that I am invited?
Once a player receives a text telling them it’s their turn, they will be able to enter the claim center building and should follow the instructions within the text.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Yes, for the health and safety of Lottery players and staff, all people entering a claim center building must wear a mask for the entirety of their stay in the building.
Can I bring family and friends with me to celebrate my win?
Unless you require assistance, we request all players come alone to claim their winnings. This will help keep the amount of people at our claim centers to manageable numbers making it safer for all.
What do I need to claim my Lottery prize?
Along with a face mask, players must have the following items to complete a claim:
- A photo ID
- Proof of social security number
- Signed winning ticket
- A cell phone to check-in to the Virtual Lobby.
*If a player doesn’t have a cell phone, they will need to check-in with the security guard on duty for instructions.
Can I go to the Claim Center to speed up the process on a prize claim I mailed in?
If you have mailed in a claim, you should not visit a claim center for your prize. You will receive your prize by mail. The current estimated wait time for claims processed by mail is currently 4-6 weeks.
Illinois Lottery Extends Prize Claim Period for Lottery Prizes
The Illinois Lottery has extended the timeframe in which winners can claim prizes during the COVID-19 crisis. For players with prizes that were set to expire between now and July 31, 2020, the Lottery is extending the time allowed for players to claim those winning tickets through July 31, 2020.
For instant ticket game expiration dates please see https://www.illinoislottery.com/about-the-games/game-expiration-dates
To check draw-based game results by date, please see https://www.illinoislottery.com/results-hub.
Players with questions can contact the Player Hotline at 1-800-252-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claim prize via mail
Follow these steps to claim your win by mail:
Sign the back of your ticket
Print and fill out a claim form and winner questionnaire
Make and keep a copy of your ticket and claim form
Place the original ticket, claim form and winner questionnaire in an envelope
Include your return address on the envelope
Address the envelope to:
Illinois Lottery Claims Department
P.O. Box 19080
Springfield, Illinois 62794-9912
Mail your claim via registered mail
View the Illinois Lottery Winner's Handbook.
Frequently Asked Questions
View the Winning FAQs for more information.
Prize Claim Center Locations
Reminder! When you visit a claim center to file a claim for any prize amount over $600, you need to bring a photo ID, AND your Social Security Card or some acceptable means of verifying your Social Security Number.
Lotto Game Changes
Following the July 13, 2020 Lotto drawing, the Lotto jackpot will increase by $150,000 between drawings. Previously, the Lotto jackpot increased by $250,000 between drawings. When the grand prize is won, the starting Lotto jackpot will remain the same at $2 million.
This change will ensure that ticket sales support the jackpot on offer.
For more information on Lotto guidelines visit How to Play: Lotto.